Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Delayed leaving Wallensdorf...........

Monday 14.

Packed the panniers and snapped them onto the bike. The sun was shining and breakfast ( hard boiled egg, rolls, cold meats, coffee and great German jams) was wating down stairs in the basement. Incidently, there were a number of strangely locked doors down there and I kept thinking about that nice Austrian father who loved his children.

I thought I'd check on the eBay auction and discovered I was locked out of the system. eBay had picked up that I ( or some imposter) had accessed my account from Germany and placing an ad for the UK. I took me 2 hours to sort ( via the net to Oz) to sort it. I then had to redo the ad. So it wasn't the early start I'd planned.



I freewayed into France to make up some time and headed to Verdun which was a terrific little town. Stopped for coffee, spoke to some French bikers who told me that the road to Sedan was a beaut. So I headed off.

The road was great ( ie., not many cars, good sweeping bends and no sign of police) and went thru, strangely enough, some nice little French villages, Mouson being my favourite. I know the pic's just of a river, but I know where it is!
I was right in the centre of the Ardennes, great farming area criss-crossed with canals.
I continued on the Sedan and went thru the usual panic of finding a decent place to sleep. This place had no pensions....... really weird. So I stayed at a crappy motel on the edge of town. Showered and rode back in for a good meal at les Halles restaurant. Had a great local beer as well.




Covered about 380 miles, a good day.

No comments: